Local Search Campaign for a National Financial Services Franchisor
– 589% increase in number of visits from search to location pages
– 740% increase in total number of location pageviews
– 22% decrease in overall bounce rate from location pages
A major digital media firm with considerable expertise in interactive marketing strategy and design, as well as online media planning and management, brought me on to assist with strategic planning on execution of a local search marketing strategy for one of its clients. Local Search was an area outside their core competency and the need for local search expertise for this particular client–a well-known financial services company with thousands of locations across the United States–was critical.
Prior to engaging me, their overall percentage of traffic from local search was nearly nil, and their significant competition outpaced them in nearly every one of their most important markets.
I conducted a thorough audit of their existing local search presence, and assisted the client with:
– Optimized Store Locator architecture
– Optimized location pages for each franchise on corporate website for both ranking and visitor conversion
– Verification of Google My Business bulk upload
– Data management across several key aggregators and directories
– Organic optimization to maximize location “scent” of each franchise
– Proper structuring of Google Analytics account for most relevant location-related insights
– Ongoing analysis