Enterprise Local SEO Consulting Services for National and International Brands
Although Local Search results used to give small businesses an inherent advantage over larger brands, that’s no longer the case, thanks to:
- an influx of blended search results (which are more reliant on organic ranking factors)
- Hummingbird and other recent algorithm updates
- an increasing realization on the part of national brands that they can no longer rely solely on an authoritative website to overcome deficiencies in site architecture or active location data management.
From a U. S. Top 100 Retailer
No one knows the world of Local Search like David Mihm. From broad marketing strategies to the nitty-gritty tactical details, David’s expert knowledge and experience in the field yields tremendous results for his clients. Smart, personable, and a savvy communicator, David is able to translate his expertise and research into language suitable for search marketing practitioners as well as their leadership. I’d gladly do business with David again in the future.
—J.C., Program Manager
Partial Client List
Who I Work With
I’ve helped national and international brands, and the agencies who serve them, rank better in Local Search since 2007. I have a strong background in organic search, but these days I consult exclusively for companies with brick-and-mortar locations—anywhere from 100 to 100,000.
I take on clients in as wide a variety of industries as possible in order to get the broadest possible picture of the Local algorithm, and I never take on two enterprise competitors in the same space. Below are some of the services I perform for bigger companies. Please get in touch if you’d like me to take a look at your situation.
Why Work with Me
My peers and former clients have described me as one of a small handful of people in the world both the tactical, in-the-trenches knowledge and strategic worldview to address enterprise local search presence effectively.
I’ve watched Google’s efforts in local search evolve and mature as closely as anyone, and I know the algorithm as intimately as anyone outside of Mountain View.
Having consulted for enterprise brands in this space for the last 8 years, I’ve also got the ability to communicate that expertise in a format that’s actually usable by in-house marketing and development teams.
Multi-Location Local Search Strategy
I typically work with agencies or an in-house SEO on a fixed-cost, per-project basis. The costs of these projects range anywhere from $3,000 to $30,000 depending on the number of locations and the complexity of the client’s situation. Some of the needs I help with are:
- Overall local/mobile SERP visibility and presence
- Optimized store locator architecture
- Optimized location pages for both ranking and visitor conversion
- Comprehensive review of the major citation players in your niche
- Maximizing ROI for top selling products on a market-by-market basis, based on client business intelligence
- Verification and troubleshooting of Google My Business
- Location data management advice across both horizontal and vertical directories
- Organic optimization to maximize location “scent” of each location or franchise
- Creative linkbuilding ideas that scale
- Using user-generated content to reinforce geolocation signals
- Collaborating on a strategic customer review campaign
- Advice on affiliate strategies for Local Search
- Proper structuring of Google Analytics account for most relevant location-related insights
- Ongoing monitoring of Google My Business pages for maximum impact and consolidation of duplicate listings
Hourly Local Search Consultations
Sometimes brands (and agencies, actually) will bring me in just for a second set of eyeballs to review a new site architecture or get specific advice around the latest “shiny object” in Local, which seems to come around about every 6 weeks.
I can offer advice on any of the bullet points above (and others). My hourly rate is $300/hr and I bill in blocks of time as small as 15 minutes.
In-House Strategic Consulting + SEO Training
I’ll put together a full site review for your organization, and come to your office to present that review to key stakeholders in your company’s decision-making chain. I can also help train in-house marketing staff on some of the basics of SEO, and serve as an ongoing consultant either on retainer or on an a la carte basis.
This is an area I particularly enjoy, and it’s an offering that traditional marketing and advertising companies have found particularly valuable as a value-add for their clients, or even as a way to train members of their own organizations.
If you’re a large brand with a lot of individual franchise owners, or a trade association with members for whom you think understanding search engine marketing might be valuable, you might also consider contacting the faculty of Local University about a custom presentation for your industry.